Exploring Your Energy: The Manipura Chakra
A human body is governed by 7 Chakras namely Muladhara Chakra, Swadhisthana Chakra, Manipura Chakra, Anahata Chakra, Vishuddha Chakra, Ajna Chakra, and Sahasrara Chakra. Each Chakra is related to certain physical disorders that we have and emotional feelings as well. Among the seven Chakras, Manipura Chakra or Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with self-respect. Located at the spine with its activation point on the Navel, it is the third Chakra, and the functioning of the pancreas, outer adrenal glands, and the digestive organs is linked with it. The Chakras have to be aligned so an individual can experience their positive effects.
EFFECTS OF IMBALANCE IN MANIPURA CHAKRA
A blocked Manipura Chakra can result in various physical as well as emotional problems and the following are the effects of blockage of Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Digestion problems like irritable bowel syndrome, improper processing of nutrients or constipation occurs because of blockage of Manipura Chakra.
- A blocked Manipura Chakra results in Chronic Fatigue.
- Hypertension is also caused due to unbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Diabetes is also one of the physical disorders experienced because of an imbalance in the Manipura Chakra.
- Arthritis, liver infection, and cancer of the stomach and pancreas are other diseases associated with this Chakra.
- A person may even have gastric ulcers and weight issues because of blocked Manipura Chakra.
- An individual with a blocked Manipura Chakra feels loss of self-respect.
- A person can also feel anger and irritation due to blocked Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Usually, there is a fear of confronting people and issues because of an imbalance in Manipura Chakra.
- With a blocked Manipura Chakra, a person becomes over sensitive to criticism from others.
- One may lose temper quickly and feel self-centered to a certain level.
If you are facing any of the above problems, it might be an indication that your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked.
REASONS FOR BLOCKAGE OF MANIPURA CHAKRA
While the major reason for the blockage of Solar Plexus Chakra can be an illusion of responsibility or dependency on others, there are several other reasons given below:
- Your Manipura chakra can be blocked because you are holding grudges and painful memories of the past that may seem impossible to let go.
- A feeling of being a victim in the world can also block your Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Low self-respect and carrying the baggage of the past are also the reasons.
- Getting aggressive since you feel the need to be in control at all times blocks your Manipura Chakra.
- Giving away the power to others to maintain peace in relationships also leads to the blockage of this Chakra.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO ENERGIZE YOUR MANIPURA CHAKRA?
Just as an imbalance in a Chakra has negative effects, a balanced Chakra has positive effects. Thus, it becomes extremely important to align the Manipura Chakra to gain the following benefits:
- Since this Chakra is related to vitality, it provides strength and acts as a power station if it is aligned.
- A balanced Manipura Chakra enables you to make the right decisions.
- A person becomes confident and doesn’t feel the need to depend on others.
- It helps you discover your true self and embrace the way you are.
- It lets you control your thoughts and emotions.
- Balance in Solar Plexus Chakra inculcates discipline and helps you in regulating your routine.
- It instills the qualities of being a natural leader along with discipline.
- With high self-respect, the person has a sense of power to influence others positively.
HOW TO HEAL MANIPURA CHAKRA?
Trusting in the Divine power that is your mind is one of the major ways to energize your Manipura Chakra. Your mind itself is God and having faith in yourself plays an important role in healing this Chakra. Furthermore, we have listed down different ways to balance your Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Practicing Yoga poses like Balasana, Shavasana, Phalakasana and Dhanurasana is beneficial.
- Kapalabhati Pranayam also known as “breath of fire” is helpful for Manipura Chakra healing.
- Practice “Neti-Neti Meditation” since this technique helps drive away darkness and shows light as darkness implies negative qualities of the Chakra and light means positive effects.
- Eating healthy food will help you have a healthy digestive system.
- Gemstones like Ruby, Yellow Topaz, and Yellow Citrine are best for healing this Chakra.
- Being around positive people who bring out the best in you is recommended to avoid negative energy.
- Positive affirmations daily are also quite helpful.
Practicing self-love is a common cure for activating all the Chakras which means taking care of yourself is essential. Manipura Chakra is the seat of your mind that has to be balanced. Even if it may take a longer time to align it, once it is activated, it helps other Chakras to open resulting in a healthier and positive life.